The one that never expected anything in return.

Thursday, 24th January 2019

I had a best friend, that I loved dearly, with all of my heart. The one that was always there, when the world turned its back on me. When everything else seemed to fail, she was there, with its presence and comforting warmth. I still remember her smell, her calming purr, and her gentle gaze. She was my best friend for 8 years. 

In 2011, my parents brought home a stray cat, they found her at a restaurant. She was pregnant and sick, that when my parents brought her here, she accidentally pooped on my mum. We named her Comel. After adopting Comel, we had many other cats. But none of them were like Comel. Comel has a special place in my heart, it was as if we had this bond, that nobody could ever break. My sister hated the fact that I will always choose Comel over any cats in the house. Comel, unlike any other cats, was quite unlucky. She was sick a lot, and during those moments, I cried a lot too because I couldn't stand seeing her getting hurt, but I was with her for most of these unlucky moments. We've had each other's backs. I've always told my family that I hope, when the day Comel finally choose to leave the world, I hope I wasn't there. I can't watch her leave me, I can't watch her get hurt. And she did. She left when I was in Puchong. My mum cried horribly, I was numb. And when the reality finally hit me, I cried, like a baby. Now, at times when things get hard, or when I am simply lonely, I think of her. And I still cry like she was gone yesterday.

During her time living with me, even though we faced many hardships, I managed to pull through because Comel was always there, every single time. Whenever I was feeling down, Comel was there, comforting me with her soft purrs. Naturally, she just knew when to be there for me. She will come up to my room, lay beside me or on my stomach. And just be there till the next morning. No unnecessary noise and words, she was just... there. She was the big sister I never had. She was the best friend that I truly had. 

I miss having you around Comel, things are really hard for me right now. Why don't you have a talk with the one up there, huh buddy? Tell him that I desperately need a break. Thank you for all the sweet memories, and for being the one that never expected anything in return. 



No comments: